Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Review: The Goddess Inheritance

Review: The Goddess Inheritance


The Goddess Inheritance

Posted:

The Goddess Inheritance (Harlequin Teen) (Paperback)
By Aimée Carter

Setting: 4/5

Establishing a setting is something I think Aimee Carter does rather well. It's never been difficult for me to clearly see where the story is taking place even down to the intricate details. That's not to say that Carter spells everything out for you. Enough detail is provided that your mind can't help but fill in the rest. I could picture all of the scenes and I think that was my favorite aspect of this particular book.

Characters: 2/5

This is ultimately the aspect of the novel that I had the most trouble with. In the previous novels our main character, Kate, does spend a decent amount of time sniveling in the corner, but I not once felt that she was unjustified. Her husband was cold and no one ever seemed to be on her side. That's rough for anyone. In this novel Kate suddenly became about as ridiculous as my least favorite female character that I have stumbled across thus far, Bella Swan. "Woe is me." She goes from sniveling in the corner to freaking out on everything and everyone. If that is what happens right after pregnancy I want no part of it. That's not all though. She also becomes a huge drama queen with daddy issues. Perhaps that ties in to too many story lines.

Henry didn't annoy me quite as much as he normally does. His love for Kate is starting to shine through he stone exterior. His dialogue was a completely different story. An issue I have had since The Goddess Test is the fact that Henry never uses contractions. . .ever. Therefore I have found a lot of his dialogue frustrating to say the least. I don't know if this was an attempt to make him sound like he has been around forever or if it was an attempt to make him sound proper, but it annoyed me to no end. Especially since none of the other Gods seemed to speak that way.
...


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
//PART 2