Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Titan's Curse

The Titan's Curse


The Titan's Curse

Posted:

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) (Kindle Edition)
By Rick Riordan

You know, it still strikes me as odd when I run across a kid who hasn't read a Percy Jackson book yet. Take, for example, the homeschooler bookgroup I run. These kids aren't exactly sheltered, but at the same time they don't feel unnaturally compelled to follow the latest trend due to peer pressure. They hadn't even heard of Rick Riordan when I proposed to them that we read, The Lightning Thief the other day. Obediently they took the book home and in a week some of them were back, basically begging me for Book #2. Now they've found out that I've a copy of #3, "The Titan's Curse," hidden about my person and if I don't give it to them soon there will be blood shed. My blood. So while I usually take a long time to process a book before finally getting around to reviewing it, in Mr. Riordan's case I'm gonna make an exception. The third in the series, in "Titan's Curse," Riordan raises the stakes, adds in a couple new gods and monsters, and basically ratchets up the tension while cutting down on the easygoing moments. It's bound to make the fans happy.

Percy's on a rescue mission. Nothing new there. The fact that he's getting a ride to the rescue mission with his mom and two of his camp mates is definitely a unique occurrence, though. Percy, Annabeth, and the now re-humanized Thalia (daughter of Zeus) are traveling to a private school where their friend and satyr Grover has made an important discovery. There are two new half-bloods there, a brother and a sister, and it's up to our heroes to get them to Camp Half-Blood before the resident monster spirits them away.


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
//PART 2